Posted October 25, 2023
Little Ferry, NJ – Full-time
Q/A inspector is responsible for inspecting components and assemblies from production, confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, while utilizing various gauges and inspection equipment. Performs first article inspections, documents and records following QMS procedures. Is responsible for completing in process inspection reports and final inspection reports accurately and in a timely fashion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs in-process, and final inspection of parts using measuring equipment such as micrometers and calipers while following established in-process inspection procedures
- Works from Engineering drawings and other established specifications
- Reads Blue Prints and inspects to ensure strict adherence to tolerances
- Produces In process and Final Inspection reports
- Inspects Incoming material
- Calibrates tools in inspection and for other machinists
- Inputs data into database, as required for calibration and rejection data
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Completes in-process and other quality inspection paperwork to ensure that established processes are being followed and quality is ensured.
- Ideally a BS from accredited school preferred; Minimum High School Diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 5 Years quality assurance inspection experience in contract manufacturing.
- Must have basic GD&T knowledge.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 / ISO13485 QMS requirements.
- Proficiency in using of mechanical inspection equipment; including micrometers, gages, calipers, CMM and other inspection measuring tools.
- Computer skills required: E2 MRP Systems; Gagetrak Software; Microsoft Office Suite; Project Management Software; Ability to write and send E-mails to peers, reports, customers, and suppliers as needed
- Educated in ISO manufacturing requirements
- Educated in FDA manufacturing requirements
- Training requirements: Refer to employee orientation checklist F622-01.
Ferry Machine Corporation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.