Posted May 24, 2023
Little Ferry, NJ – Full-time
This is a critical role in the Company’s ability to manufacture and deliver product to customers on time and on budget. They lead communication between Quality Assurance, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Administration functions of the operations as well as customers. They also manage the end to end processes of material requirements planning and the MRP system. As a Manager, addressing process inefficiencies, staff training gaps, and resource production roadblocks are expected to be identified, communicated, and remediated.
REPORTS TO: V.P. Operations
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops, deploys, and manages the Production Schedule within MRP system that will effectively and efficiently meet the contract manufacturing needs of our customers.
- Establishes, manages, tracks, and monitors inventory levels and ensures that adequate material is on hand using the “Five R’s of Materials Management” (right supplier, right quantity, right price, right quality, and right time).
- Develops a materials management strategic plan taking into consideration projected order volume, material costs, logistics, and existing internal processes; this includes setting long-term goals and short-term objectives that align with the company’s mission statement, proposed work volume, workforce availability, and deliver quality products on time.
- Manages, trains, coaches, and appraises performance of 1-5 direct reports.
- Reviews and analyzes data to identify areas of opportunity for process improvement.
- Manages the collaboration between Planning, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Administration departments.
- Establishes and maintain regular and effective communication between stakeholders with regard to potential production bottlenecks including material delivery delays and inventory shortages.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Manages, trains, coaches, and develops between 1-5 direct reports to ensure that their performance meets or exceeds expectations and that they can grow professionally to better ensure the achievement of their personal career aspirations.
- Creates a working environment that provides extrinsic motivation for direct reports (for example, reward and recognition for jobs well done, regular communication to keep their knowledge current, and removing roadblocks).
- Manages team and work processes according to organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Manages the planning and directing of work to appropriate work centers as well as the workflow between departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) or professional certification in Materials Management or equivalent, or five years of related experience working in a material manufacturing environment and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience directly managing employees.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 / ISO13485 QMS, and FDA manufacturing requirements.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience directly managing employees.
- High level of proficiency with using E2 or other equivalent MRP System.
- Strong management and problem solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Project Management Software.
- Proven ability to communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of employees, vendors, and customers.
- Proven ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, suppliers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- CPIM certification desired, but not required.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Deals with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
Communication – Actively listens; effectively delivers information in writing and verbally; responds quickly to inquiries, requests, and issues.
Customer Focus – Dedicates self to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
Interpersonal Skills – Successfully engages team members and builds relationships with leaders and colleagues that ensure success; Promotes ideas and process improvement recommendations to leadership, gain their trust and influence or persuade them to support important changes that are to the advantage of all stakeholders.
Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
Process Management – Figures out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Look for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors work to ensure quality.
Strategic Agility – Sees ahead clearly; anticipates future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; articulately paints credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; creates competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Physical Demands And Work Environment
- Occasionally required to stand.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Frequently required to talk or hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is quiet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Additional remarks regarding work environment: May be required to enter Machine Shop Environment
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: N/A
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.